Ashes to Ashes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is currently the summer of 2020. You may post everywhere but the Schools unless you are a teacher.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Riding the Aftershocks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titus Nott

Pureblood

Titus Nott

Riding the Aftershocks Empty
PostSubject: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Titus wrung his fingers as he fidgeted waiting for his Nonno Lucien to come back home. He and his Nonna Naomi had come to the manor after Mimzy had popped out saying that his dad had called her. Then when she'd come back, it was with his grandparents who looked really worried. Eyes wide, he wanted to know where his nonno was going but his nonna tried to distract him. She'd finally caved under his puppy eyes, telling him that his mum had been in an accident. He'd wanted to go to the hospital but she said no, that they were going to wait since his dad and nonno were already there; there was nothing they could do until they knew more. That had been a few days ago. His nonna had kept to his schedule of making sure he was up to have breakfast, sent to school, and made him practice the violin.

Clutching his plush mishupishu that his parents had given him for his birthday when he'd turned five, he sighed. He knew he was too old to be sleeping with a plush toy, but he couldn't help it. The soft doll gave him comfort and it didn't seem as if his parents minded too much as it was still on his bed every day when he came home from school and was allowed to take it on trips with them. Looking up, he saw that his nonna wasn't going to mention him bringing it to the table but then he stopped and stared. "Daddy"

His dad turned around from where he'd been talking to Nonna Naomi and dropped down to hug him tightly to him. "I missed you, sweetheart."

"I missed you too. When's mummy coming home?"
Back to top Go down
Theodore Nott

Pureblood

Theodore Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 9:32 pm

While Theo had wanted to stay at the hospital, he knew he couldn't ignore his son either during this time. He was in definite need of a shower as well. As a habit he'd kept a spare pair of clothes at his office but there wasn't really any place he'd want to shower other than his own home. So that was what he did, and had just updated Naomi about Lucretia's condition and that Lucien was staying with her when Titus entered the kitchen. He'd dropped down to clutch his son tight to his chest, just breathing in his scent and reveling in the fact that he was alive as well. Pulling back he ran a hand through the blond hair, and swallowed thickly at his son's innocent question. "It might be a bit, son."

"Why?"

"Well, you see, mummy's accident caused some damage inside. She has to stay at hospital."

Titus pouted and looked up at him when he stood with pleading eyes. Ruffling the boy's hair he then patted his shoulder and told him to go get dressed. "We'll go see mum when you do, yeah?"

Theo was relieved to see the boy's eyes brighten at the statement and he practically ran from the room causing a slight smile to cross his face briefly. Glancing at Naomi then away he didn't want to return to the discussion they'd been having, glad that it had been interrupted. Having to discuss where they were going to lay his and Luci's dead child to rest wasn't something he was eager to revisit. Avoiding eye contact, he had walked out of the kitchen to go back to his and Luci's room and after a moment where he just stood there, he quickly packed a few things in a bag. After shrinking it and putting it in his pocket he went to his son's room. Titus was half under his bed crawling backwards out of it a shoe clutched in his hand when he entered. Shaking his head he waited until the eight year old had stuck the shoe on and tied it before he grabbed him up and placed him on his hip like he used to when he was smaller. His son didn't protest, so the two were quiet as they went to the apparition point on the Nott grounds.
Back to top Go down
Titus Nott

Pureblood

Titus Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 9:58 pm

The hands fisted in his father's shirt, his head pressed into the collar. He never liked apparating and he was really glad that his dad didn't let him have breakfast first. Otherwise it would have been all down the front of his dad's shirt which he wouldn't have been happy about. Normally his dad would joke about that, telling him not to throw up on him and quickly set him down, but he didn't this time, keeping a hold of him like he was waiting to see what Titus would decide. "'M okay," came his muffled statement into his dad's shirt. Gulping air he felt the hand pat his back before he was set down on his own feet but he quickly latched onto the man's hand. Looking around with a furrowed brow he wondered where they were but then he saw it. Across the way was a muggle hospital.

"Why's mum in there an' not St. Mungo's?" He didn't see the pain or guilt that flashed across his dad's expression because it was only showing sadness when he glance up at him.

"Because, it would have hurt mum and the babies more if we apparated. And there were too many people."

That was one thing he loved about his parents. They tried to explain things to him and didn't brush him off. His dad tugged at his hand and they crossed the road to the hospital, Titus jogging a little bit to try and stay next to his dad. Once inside, he clenched tight to the man's hand and stayed close to his side, nose wrinkled up at the smell and how white it was. He didn't like it. They took a lift and his eyes went wide when he was taken to where a baby was in a plastic container. It was so tiny!

"Say hello to your sister."

"That's my sister?" Titus asked in awe placing his hand on the container. A brilliant smile crossed his face as he saw the baby look in his direction. "Did you see that! She looked at me!"
Back to top Go down
Theodore Nott

Pureblood

Theodore Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 10:40 pm

"Seems she knows her big brother," Theo smiled. He hadn't been sure how Titus would react when the baby actually came. When they had sat him down and explained that he was going to be a big brother, the boy had taken it well and seemed to be looking forward to the experience. Of course he had been less then thrilled that he would have to share his mother and father, but they had assured him they would always make time for him. Titus seemed to think about it and took to the idea that he would be able to help teach his siblings something. Theo thought more that the idea of being able to boss them around later had a certain appeal as well.

Titus grinned up at him before looking back at the baby before a frown crossed his face as asked in confusion, "I thought mum was having twins? Where's the other baby?"

Taking his son's hand, he jerked his head back towards the hall, "C'mon." Once they were seated, Theo saw that Titus seemed to subconsciously know but was hoping that he was wrong. "You see, son. You baby brother didn't make it. He helped protect your sister when your mum got hit."

Titus didn't need to know all the details that he'd been given or that it had been because of the way the twins had been positioned that had helped keep Talia alive whereas Leopold had died. He watched and didn't say anything as Titus wiped at his eyes blinking rapidly. Theo explained how because of the accident the babies were born early and that was why Talia couldn't come yet either.

"I want to see mum."

"Course." Getting up, the two headed for the room Luci was staying in.
Back to top Go down
Lucretia Moriarty

Pureblood

Lucretia Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 1:02 am

Luci knew her father was not too happy with her once again because she was just letting Theo get away with hurting her again. Luci tried to explain that Theo really didn't do anything wrong and it wasn't his fault completely. Of course her father didn't understand why she wanted to stay with a man who refused to marry her, but Luci tried to explain that it was between them. Her father just wanted her happy. She was glad when her pain meds kicked in and she feel asleep.

When she finally woke up the nurses took her down to see Talia and once again she cried, thinking that Leo wasn't there to see too. How was she going to explain to Talia once she is old enough what happened. Let alone explain to Titus that they oost his brother. Luci was coming to terms that it was nothing but a horrible accident and they had to move on.

She had been back in her room and smiled when Theo came into her room and it got even bigger when she discovered he had Titus, "Hey, there are my two favorite men." She said. "Come here little man, just be careful." She said and opened her arms.
Back to top Go down
Titus Nott

Pureblood

Titus Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 2:14 am

As soon as he saw his mother and her open arms was all the invitation that Titus needed as he bolted from his father's side to his mother's. There was hesitance at first as he peered up at her. Never had he seen his mom look like she got beat up before. He was careful as he climbed onto the bed with his father helping to hold the wires out of the way to snuggle into her side. It was a lot easier now that she wasn't pregnant. He blinked rapidly swearing he wasn't going to cry but he got out a, "I missed you, mummy. I want you to come home." Before he felt the burning in his eyes, tears threatening to fall. He loved spending time with his nonna but he wanted his mom!

"Titus," his dad said with warning. When he remained stubbornly mute against his mother, Theo sighed. "I already told him you and Talia had to stay in hospital a bit longer.

"Then I wanna stay too!" He petulantly stated.
Back to top Go down
Lucretia Moriarty

Pureblood

Lucretia Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 am

Luci tried to move over a little so Titus could crawl into bed with her. She was really sore with the staples in her stomach. She really wished they could have made it to St. Mungos and then maybe they could have saved Leo and she would have felt a little better.

Luci could not help but cry a little as she listened to Titus tell her he missed her, "I miss you too, my little bug." She said as she kissed his head. He was growing so tall. "Maybe dad can get us moved to St mungos so we can be closer." She said to him.

"Little bug you can stay with me for a little, but hospital rules won't let you stay over night." She hugged him a little.
Back to top Go down
Theodore Nott

Pureblood

Theodore Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:00 am

Watching mother and child had Theo blink and look away before he'd looked back at the statement and gave Luci a nod. TItus had peered at his father to see the affirmation and went back to gently clinging to his mother. Theo already been looking into that. He wanted her and the baby looked after mediwizards. He knew that some potions and balms and perhaps a few spells would be able to speed up Luci's recovery rate. They would need to have their daughter registered at St. Mungo's to get her a proper birth certificate and have her checked up.

When Titus started to protest, Theo gave him a warning look which caused the boy to pout but snap his mouth shut. "Listen to your mother."

Focusing on Luci he gestured towards the door. "Didn't let Titus eat, so I'm off for food. You want anything?"

He didn't know how muggle hospital food was, but had heard that it was rubbish. Knowing that Titus got cranky and very moody if he didn't eat, he wanted to head that off as emotional as they were all bound to be these next few days.
Back to top Go down
Lucretia Moriarty

Pureblood

Lucretia Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:07 am

Luci smiles a little at Theo when he nodded about getting them transferred to St. Mungos. She also could not help but hug Titus a little tighter as she knew he loved to take care of his mommy and wanted to be with her right now. "Maybe once we get to St. Mungos you can spend the night with me. The rooms there can accommodate better." She told him.

Luci was trying really hard not to cry in front of Titua but it was really hard. She smiled at Theo, "yes, we don't need a crabby boy." She said. "No thank you, I am not really hungry." She told him, which was true cause she hadn't eaten much since she got put in here.
Back to top Go down
Titus Nott

Pureblood

Titus Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:23 am

"Promise?" It was important that she said yes or no because his mum never broke a promise to him. If she couldn't she'd say, 'We'll see' but never promised if she couldn't. At being called crabby he pouted. "'M not a crab, I'm a fish."

He didn't see his dad nod to his mom and head out the door, all his focus was on his mother. He felt bad he didn't have his wand with him. Not that he could do anything quite yet. Nonna hadn't forgotten to lock his wand up when he came home from Merlin's like he hoped every day. She'd ask him for it and he would have to hand it over. He also didn't want to cause his mum any more hurt. His dad had told him what had happened when he'd practiced magic around his mother when she was working on potions. That was why he wasn't allowed to do any magical homework anywhere but his bedroom when one of his parents was watching.

"Did Leo really protect Talia? That's what dad said. 'S why she didn't get hurt." Even as a baby he'd been a good brother. Titus hoped he could be just as good a brother to his baby sister.
Back to top Go down
Lucretia Moriarty

Pureblood

Lucretia Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:50 am

Luci could not help but laugh a little at his comment, "I thought you were my little bug, not a little fish?" She asked him rather seriously. "But as for St Mungos we will have to wait and see what they say and how I am feeling." She told him.

Luci was glad that Theo had talked to their son about the twins and even came up with a good story. Luci couldn't think on her feet that fast, especially after a trama. "I would like to believe so, little bug." She said. "That's what big brothers do for their little sisters." She told him. "Like I know you will always look out for Talia."

Just as they finished the door opened and Theo was coming back with their food
"Why don't you go over and sit at the table and eat. Mommy is gona close her eyes."
Back to top Go down
Titus Nott

Pureblood

Titus Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 4:11 am

He couldn't help but smile at his mum's question. "I'm both!" His smile fell a little when she didn't promise him but he nodded all the same before smiling again. If his mum told them she wanted him to stay he'd be able to. When she said she thought he'd be a good brother, pride suffused him as well as well as uncertainty. "You really think so?" he asked softly. He would of course always look after his little sister. He'd be there when his mum and dad couldn't. And when she was bigger he could teach her all kinds of things from how to get their parents to stay and read to them longer and avoiding baths. Oh, and he had to teach her 'the look'.

Sighing, he nodded even though he didn't want to move. He pouted all the same when after his dad put the food on the table came and hauled him out of the bed, careful of his mum, "C'mon, out you get."

Once set on his feet, he trudged over to the table but the smell of food had him eagerly looking in the take away container's as his stomach growled.
Back to top Go down
Theodore Nott

Pureblood

Theodore Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 am

Theo hadn't gone very far to get Titus some food. All he had to do was make sure there were mashed potatoes in it and it was guaranteed to be eaten. As it was still somewhat breakfast time he got bangers and mash then headed back towards the room. He caught the tail end of Luci's statement so fetched his son from the bed to the table so he could eat while she slept. Sitting in the chair that had been by the bed since Luci was allowed visitors, Theo took Luci's hand and gave her a tentative smile. "Rest, we'll still be here if you'd like."

He was relatively sure he'd be able to keep Titus entertained for at least a few hours. Maybe even take him down to see Talia and see if the nurses would let Titus use the stethoscope to listen to the baby's heart. That would be something that he was sure Titus would like. Theo knew he'd liked listening to the sounds of his children's heartbeats when they were in the womb and the mediwitch would cast the spell to let them listen to the heartbeat. That sound had been magic of its own.
Back to top Go down
Lucretia Moriarty

Pureblood

Lucretia Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 1:06 am

Luci could not help but love her men and watching them. They were her world and now she had a little girl to add to her world and she would make sure that they never wanted for anything. She had already had a room in the back of her shop set up for Titus and she had just added a couple of bassinets. Now she was going to need to remove one of those. Once again as she looked at her boys and thought about Leo she started to cry. She found herself trying to roll over so they wouldn't see her.

She was glad that Theo told her they would be there awhile, while she slept. It almost made her feel like home. She really wanted to hold her baby, but Talia was 6 weeks early and still hooked up to machines to help her lungs develop better. She really wanted to get moved to St. Mungos so they could help.

"Theo, can you take me to see Talia?" She asked hoping the nurses would let her go. She didn't have any broken bones, but she was stiff and sore.
Back to top Go down
Theodore Nott

Pureblood

Theodore Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 3:15 am

To see his family in pain hurt Theo deeply. It hurt worse because he felt completely helpless. There was nothing he could do to make this 'better' or to 'fix' it. It ws a bit maddening to know you were useless, unable to do anything. If he had been a drinking man, he would likely have had himself a drink or two by now. As it was, Theo had severely been tempted to give in to the craving of smoking. He'd picked up the habit in his youth. It was also something he had stopped before he had started seeing Lucretia.

Blinking at her request he straightened in the chair. "'Course. Yeah, sure."

Titus perked up. "Can I come too?"

"No, you eat your breakfast. We'll just be a bit."

Titus frowned but complied, dragging a sausage through his potatoes.

Unsure, Theo asked, "Do we need to call a nurse or?"
Back to top Go down
Lucretia Moriarty

Pureblood

Lucretia Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 11:54 pm

Luci knew that this whole thing had to be really hard on Theo. He was always a very supportive man who always made sure for the most part that everyone was happy. To be honest outside of the marriage issue, Luci was always happy. Over 10 years she had just gotten good at internalizing the issue, unless it came up. Other than that Theo always fixed things, or tried to make things work. There was no way for this to have a easy fix, it was just going to take time.

Luci smiled at her two men, "Theo, we can wait until he is done eating so he can come too." She told him. She really didn't want to leave him alone in the hospital room. "I can't walk that far yet, I can barely make it to the bathroom right now. So we will need a nurse and a wheelchair and that's if they let me leave the room." Luci sighed.
Back to top Go down
Theodore Nott

Pureblood

Theodore Nott

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 3:33 pm

At hearing his mum was on his side, Tirus tried to eat quicker which resulted in choking, his food 'going down the wrong tube'. Theo who was usually hyper aware and always watching his family, was quickly by his son's side before he his brain registered what was happening. Kneeling by the boy's side he calmly told him to breathe in through his nose and out through his mouth. Trying not to panic more, one hand was latched onto his father's arm as he did as instructed. It hurt, and he coughed, but eventually he was able to breathe normal. "Come on, son. There you are, then."

"Sorry," Titus croaked out before he shrank at the expression on his father's face. It was the one he wore when he scolded him.

Theo, relieved that his son was fine, kept his irrational irritation tightly reined in. Neither one of them needed to upset Luci right now. He would reprimad Titus later. Getting up, he went and reassured Luci that Titus was fine. The boy had the grace to look contrite as he ate at a slower pace.

Kissing the woman's forehead, he told her he'd go fetch a wheelchair for her
Back to top Go down
Lucretia Moriarty

Pureblood

Lucretia Moriarty

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Luci smiled when she saw how excited Titus was when she said he could go with them. She honestly saw no reason why Titus couldn’t go with them to visit Talia. Luci watch Titus try to hurry thru his food, “Little Bug, you need to slow down.” She got out but it was too late as he started to choke. She got a little nervous because she couldn’t get to him, but like always Theo was right there on top of things. Once that problem was dealt with Luci felt her heart rate coming back down. She always did get nervous at times like this.

Luci smiled as she watched Titus finish eating, while they waited for Theo to return with the wheelchair. Theo had finally returned with the chair and a nurse so she could help Theo get me in the chair. The nurse and Theo got Luci into the chair. “Theo will you please help Titus into my lap so he can ride with me?” She ask, although she was sure that he would argue with her about causing her pain and discomfort, but she didn’t care because at this point she wanted him close to her so she could just hold him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding the Aftershocks   Riding the Aftershocks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riding the Aftershocks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashes to Ashes :: Misc Places :: St. Vincent's Hospital-